developed as part of the pro-active measures to cushion the economic impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
CBN Healthcare Sector Loan
The CBN Credit support for the Healthcare sector is an on-lending intervention scheme for the Healthcare sector developed as part of the pro-active measures to cushion the economic impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The initiative was developed to provide funding to indigenous pharmaceutical companies and other organizations in the healthcare value chain to enable them increase capacity to meet the increasing demand for healthcare arising from the coronavirus pandemic.
- For working Capital: 20% of their average turnover for the last 3 years up to a maximum of N500 million per obligor. Where the business is not up to 3 years in operation, 20% of the previous year’s turnover would be considered.
- For Term Loan: Maximum loan amount of N2 billion
- Interest rate is a maximum of 5.0% p.a. (all inclusive) up to 28th February 2021.
- Thereafter, interest on the facility shall revert to 9% p.a. (all inclusive) as from 1st March 2021.
- Working capital shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year, with provision for rollover not more than three (3) years.
- Term loan shall have a maximum tenor of not more than 10 years with a maximum of one year moratorium on repayment.
- For construction projects, the tenor shall be determined by the completion date.
- Healthcare product manufacturer
- Healthcare service providers/ medical facilities
- Pharmaceutical/medical products distribution and logics services
- Other human healthcare service providers
- This initiative provides long-term, low cost finance to facilitate the development of the Nigerian healthcare sector.
- It will improve access to affordable credit for indigenous pharmaceutical companies for expansion and to encourage compliance with the WHO Good Manufacturing Practice.
- The scheme will contribute to the overall development of the Nigerian Healthcare system.
Get in touch with our experts
To talk to us about how we could support your business, please call us on:
+234 1- 2712005-7, +234 1-2802500, 07003000000