Date: 15, July 2020
FITC was established in 1981 as a Limited by Guarantee not for profit professional services organisation, based on the Company’s Act of 1968. It was created in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee, which was set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1976, to review the Nigerian financial system.
FITC’s Institutional Members are members of the Nigerian Banker’s Committee, comprises of the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation and all licensed banks in Nigeria.
Applications are invited from undergraduate students in the Nigerian tertiary institutions to participate in the competition below:
Title: Youth Connect Essay Challenge
Theme: “Accelerating Growth and Development in Africa: The Role of Technology and Innovation.”
FITC – Our dream Africa will be spurred and accelerated by technological advances and constant innovation, which if well harnessed, will forge pathways for rapid development. The FITC Youth connect essay challenge is organized in an effort to harness the creativity and innovation mindset of the African youth, in promoting growth and development in Africa. It aims to promote excellence and knowledge amongst young minds, putting them in the shoes of game changers and problem solvers, in the African Landscape and the world at large.
Africa is highly diverse and rich in its Economic, Political and Social Structures. With the advent of new technologies and innovation, our economy has the potential to leapfrog its limitations and grow at a brisk pace.
Write an Essay on the role of Technology and Innovation in accelerating growth and development.
Who Can Participate?
- This Essay is open to undergraduates from all tertiary institutions in Africa
- Essays can be in English or French, and must not exceed 1000 words.
- Entrants are expected to show originality, creativity, clarity and focus on the topic
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co- written essays will not be accepted.
- One entry per person.
- FITC’s Panel of judges decision is final
- Entries will be disqualified if they fail to meet these requirements
- All entries should be submitted online.
- Fill your details on the registration page and follow the required steps.
All African Countries.
- Winner – $1,000 + Laptop + Leadership Certification Programme + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 1st runner up – $500 + Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 2nd runner up – Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020 (23:59 WAT).
For further inquiries, send an email to [email protected]
Find more information about the essay challenge on our social media accounts @fitcnigeria. We look forward to reading your essays!